Parks, Trails and Water
Mazomanie is full of beautiful places to play and recreate. The many Village and area parks, trails and waterways are some of our best reasons to get outside. We also have attractive playgrounds, ball fields, park shelters, and Lion’s Park Pool.
VILLAGE PARK FACILITIES:
- Lion’s Park – Lion’s Park offers a large playground, park shelters, swimming pool, splashpad, basketball court, and baseball, softball, and soccer fields.
- Lions Park Swimming Pool -Located at 318 Park St, Mazomanie. The pool is now closed for the season. The pool season is June through August. When the pool is open its hours are: Monday-Friday 12:30-4:00 & 6:00-8:00, Saturday & Sunday 12:30-5:00 & 6:00-8:00. It will also be open for Adult Lap Swim Monday-Friday 11:30-12:30 during the season. For more information call 608-795-2106 when pool is open when pool is closed, please call 608-795-2100 ext. 4. Click here for Swimming Lessons information for the 2022 season. Click here for a fee schedule for the 2022 season.
- Park Shelters – The JC’s and the Lion’s Shelters are our covered shelters. These shelters offer picnic table seating and electric outlets for use.
- Turk Shelter – The Turk Shelter is our enclosed shelter offering a full kitchen, seating for 80 and its own restrooms. This facility is heated but not air-conditioned. This is used for graduation parties, family reunions and would be great for any party too large to do at home.
- Westland Promenade – Through the generosity of Fred Westland, in memory of his family roots in Mazomanie, the Westland Promenade is a landscaped oasis in the downtown area. With shelters and picnic tables, the Promenade offers visitors an opportunity to escape surrounding activity and picnic or relax in shaded comfort.
- Lake Marion Park – This park offers a shelter overlooking scenic Lake Marion. The park also has walking trails, including a trail leading to downtown Mazomanie.
- Performing Arts Pavilion – This outdoor stage was designed by the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture at Taliesan. It is available for rent for performances or weddings.
- Community Building
Park and Building Rental Fee Schedule Requests for use must be made during working hours, Monday – Thursday 7:30 – 4 and Friday 7:30 – noon, at the Mazomanie Village Office, 133 Crescent Street; telephone (608)795-2100.
- Wolf Run Trail – (map here); watch a drone video taken along the path of this stunning trail as it passes through downtown Mazo, winds past Lake Marion and the Bluff, and extends to Wisconsin Heights High School.
- Lake Marion Trail
- Black Hawk Trail
- Good Neighbor Trail (planned)
WATER AND BOATING:
THE VILLAGE OF MAZOMANIE IS CENTRAL TO THESE AREA PARKS AND RECREATION OPPORTUNITIES: