Garbage should be placed at curbside no later than 7:00 am on Thursdays for households in the Village. If there is a major holiday during the week (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas), garbage and recycling will be picked up on Friday of that week. Garbage that is mixed with recyclables will not be picked up until the garbage and recyclables have been separated. NO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS WILL BE PICKED UP.
- How do I dispose of large items like appliances, tires, construction & demolition debris, TVs and computers? Tires, Appliances and Construction debris are not collected as part of the Village waste or recycling collection agreement. To make special arrangements please contact Town & Country Sanitation in Boscobel at 608-375-5856 to arrange pickup. See Solid Waste and Recycling for additional information.
- How do I recycle? – The Village has a curbside recycling program in conjunction with the regular garbage pick-up. Recycling items may be comingled in your recycling container. They will be separated by the contractor at the curb. In your new place of residence, a blue recycling container should have been left by the previous tenants. These containers are the property of Town & Country Sanitation, and should remain with the property. If your new residence is a new home, the initial recycling bin will be provided free of charge. A replacement or additional container will cost $7.00. You may provide your own recycling container, but it must say RECYCLING on the container.
- When is brush pick up? Brush only will be picked up on the first Monday of the month for Village residents only weather permitting. The removal of entire trees is the responsibility of the property owner. Brush placed out for brush pick up must be placed with large end to the curb and going the same direction. Cutting of whole trees will not be accepted as brush for pick up. Entire bushes that have been pulled up will be accepted if the roots have been removed. Anything placed out for brush pick up must have the roots removed.
- How do I dispose of yard waste? Grass clippings or brush may be brought to the brush dump at Lake Marion along with leaves.
PHONE NUMBERS RELATED TO GARBAGE PICKUP AND RECYCLING
- Town & Country Sanitation – 608-375-5856 or 1-800-626-1915
- Dane County Landfill – 608-838-9555
- Madison/Prairie Landfill – 608-837-9031 (building materials)
- Dane County Clean Sweep/Electronic Recycling – 608-838-3212